tirsdag, april 17, 2007

ITunes file chaos

I cant recommend iTunes enough for downloading podcasts, but letting it organize your music collection could very well end in chaos. This isnt really a recommendation of a link, but I simply have to share this catastrophy:

I usually organize my music in a hierachic folder structure: The first branch is genre, then comes artist and album, and in the album folder comes all the MP3 files named with the number on the album and then the name of the recording.
I have a Tom Jones CD on my music server called Reload, where he plays with different guests. The organisation of the recordings which you see at the picture is the one that iTunes have created. One album torn into 15 subfolders.. - It has simply moved all my files from the original folders. - And it is the same with all my various artists albums, including Budda Bar - the recordings are torn into a pletora of subfolders with one recording pr folder. Its impossible to recreate the unique mix of recordings from the albums now..
I have a music server and 2 network players a "Noxon 2" and one from "Rokulab". The new organisation that iTunes have created in my folder structure makes it f.ex. impossible for me to play all numbers by Tom Jones.
If anything can make me angry, it is this. It takes time to restore 80 gigabytes of data....

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Spam tolereres ikke - Any kind of Spam gets deleted!